Instagram

Sunday 10 May 2015

Labour Day - Froth SG

Haven't had a nice long brunch date with Tzu since practicum started so I was really glad that we made time to head out last Friday for a brunch date at Froth - located at the basement of Big Hotel along Middle Road. 


We loved the space and dining area. It's open, big and not at all cramped like some of the other cafes we've been to. Tzu is a huge fan of big dining spaces because he feels pretty uncomfortable being in confined spaces hahaha, I think he cannot survive siting in Australian Dairy Co. in HK (maybe I should bring him there if we ever head to HK lol).




It was surprisingly empty for a public holiday (but perhaps it was due to us being there only at about 3pm or so).


Hahaha Tzu caught yawning 

And here are some selfies while waiting for our food!



We spent hours at the cafe, just talking about everything and anything under the sun and stuffing ourselves full - because as usual, we were way too greedy for our own good.

What we ordered: Cheesy Lobster Sandwich, Chilli Crab Spaghetti, Spam fries, a Flat White and Iced Mocha (plus Taro waffles with Earl Grey ice cream for dessert!)



Cheesy Lobster Sandwich - TADA, we actually came down for this (and the taro waffles) because it looked too good to be true. But yes this is the bomb, we loved it hahaha.


CHEESE.

The Chilli Crab Spaghetti was a little spicy and definitely had some kick to it. It was pretty good I feel but the sauce felt a little watery though.

The plating - super cute cause they arranged 2 fried mantous to make the plate look like a crab!



Spam Fries next - need I say more? Fried to perfection hehe.



And yes, dessert next! Taro waffles topped off with Earl Grey Ice cream :9 - I LOVEEEE THIS -a definite must-try item for taro fans!



The inside of my waffles - yummehhhhh

Froth Cafe
200 Middle Road
B1-02
Singapore 188980

Opening hours:
Daily from 1130am to 10pm (:

It was a wonderful afternoon spent with Tzu and it felt so good that we were out on a proper date as my practicum schedule had started to wind down a little during that labour day weekend (: He has been a great pillar of support during the past 11 weeks and most of our weekends during that duration were actually spent with him watching me plan lessons, do up resources for classes and mark worksheets and assignments. 

Now that practicum's over, I'm looking forward to being a student back at NIE again (although it's only for a couple of weeks) before my beginning teacher journey begins. I'm even more appreciative of what my teachers have done for me as a student, after I've become a teacher myself -  it really isn't as easy as it seems to others who aren't in the profession. 
And I'm extremely thankful for great CTs, awesome practicum batch mates and for some of the most delightful and sweet students I've come into contact with during this practicum season. 

Here's to more love, grace and patience in everyone's lives! (: 

Love, Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment