Instagram

Friday 29 April 2016

Wilder.

Sunday - Tzu and I visited a cafe called Wilder last Sunday! (:

It was actually introduced by one of my colleagues! She actually went back twice last week cause she loved the food and place so much heh. So, we decided to give it a try!





The space was pretty quiet when we arrived for lunch! The cafe only opens at 12.30 pm, and it was pretty quiet when we arrived. The space was simple and I love the grey washed walls and the pipe lighting (: Plus, the food served here's halal! 



The staff serving us were really nice and they actually have surprise mains on the menu too, which changes from time to time I think. We actually wanted to try the burgers, but unfortunately, they weren't available that day. 

So, we ordered a mocha, the salted egg fries to share and the surprise mains for that day - Baked chicken leg and salmon pasta! 


The mocha was quite good, I liked it! (: Really chocolate-y and smooth. Brought out my Printwich snaps for Tzu to look at, and I gave some of the photos for him to put up at his work space heh. Looking at the snapshots make me miss our travel days so, so much!

Our next trip's probably only gonna be in September only, so it's gonna be another 5 months before we jet off together ):



Mmm, the fries smelt really good. 

We loved the fries and finished every bit of it hahaha. The fries were crisp and had lots of taste of the salted egg yolk (: 


This was Tzu's Baked Chicken leg, which came with mashed potatoes and a red cabbage slaw. The chicken was quite tender, but the mash was kind of a let-down cause it was too runny though!


Pasta was quite yummy! The sauce had chili padi bits in it and I loved that it had that spicy tang (: Ah, I'm actually hungry while typing this now...


Wished we had more space to order the Calamari tossed in Salted Egg yolk, which my friend raved about but we were really full after we finished everything we ordered. So, I guess we'll be back another day to try out the calamari. I'm too curious to pass it up since my colleague said it's really delicious heh. 

We spent about 2 hours just eating slowly and talking about everything else in between. The cafe only had about 4-5 other people and it was kinda nice that we came across Wilder, cause we loved the fact that it's quite a hidden gem and not that packed just yet (: Sundays are best spent over conversations and good food. 

Wilder Cafe
749 North Bridge Road
(S) 198717

Love, Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment