Instagram

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Love, me.

I'm trying to rush out a paper I'm supposed to finish by tonight because I've been procrastinating for forever ): and it's terrible because I really like writing things that I feel strongly about or things that I'm interested or things that make me reflect about experiences and life. And writing a chemistry paper about transition metal catalysis is nothing close to any of those cases stated above, so I'm just really super sian about it zz. The woes of a Science undergraduate.

This is so me right now hahahaha.

The boy is up awake to keep me company via Skype and I'm really appreciative about it that he's staying up together with me although he has absolutely nothing to do right now hahaha. So I'm actually watching him through the video secretly now while he thinks I'm typing away for my paper, when I'm actually blogging hehe.

And he shows me this story about this old man and the love for his wife, where they're been together for 70 over years, and his dearly beloved wife has just passed on recently.



I'm absolutely amazed and touched by the depth of his love for his dear wife and it brought tears to my eyes as I watched the video and read about his story here: http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/letter-from-fred-song-green-shoe-studio/.

It is truly bittersweet to hear him mention about how much he misses his wife, and that he just felt that it was all a dream and that the time they had together has just passed way too fast.

I guess it reminded me to always treasure the people you love and to probably appreciate and remember the good things in life. Because time just slips by and past so easily through our fingertips each passing day, and before you know it, it's gone and done. So instead of nitpicking and quarreling over little issues, perhaps we should live each day cherishing the people around us and to stop and smell the roses once in a while in life, instead of hurrying around and being lost in the rat race of success.

And, I just had this wave of inspiration to write this down right now, to remind myself of what I've watched from Fred's story today. Thoughts are always best being penned down, to remind ourselves of what we've learnt and felt at that particular moment, before we forget (:

And so, I've decided to post this in remembrance of this video, to remind myself to always treasure the times I've had and will have with Tzu and also with my lovely friends and family. Thank you for always being so understanding to my craziness and madness, and most of all thank you for loving me the way I am ♡ (:

No comments:

Post a Comment