Instagram

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Travelogue: Taiwan Day 2 → Taichung ☼

Hi there, here goes day 2! (:

Woke up and took a cab ride down to this arts district of restaurants, which cost about 325NT? I don't think it's really a place worth visiting if you're rushed for time. A lot of engaged couples take wedding shots at this street tho! (: The food here at the restaurants are rather expensive as well.

What I wore that day:
The Tinsel Rack's Slick Chick Bustier Dress in Light Blue (S) (:
Flats bought from Fengjia night market which I loveeeee!

A hugeeee Stitch Statue hehe :D


There was some sort of a bazaar going on that day with lots of tourists around (:


Cute displays (:

Because the restaurants were just way out of our range for lunch, we settled down for lunch at a nearby fast food sort of eatery called Fresh Brunch! (: Food was decent :D 







Next, we moved on to the National Museum of Natural Science. And we had free admissions in as it was the weekend! :D But tickets are priced only at $100NT if I'm not wrong. There's more information at their website here! (: We didn't do our research well for this day cause it turned out that the museum was closing at 530pm and we arrived at about 415pm! So we pretty much had to rush thru everything ):


























There are various sectors on like the history of zoology, early civilization, humans and etc, which was pretty interesting and I had quite a fun time looking at all the exhibits (: especially the dinosaurs and animals portion heh. (: I think it's a place worth visiting, and plus there is an Earthquake museum as well if I'm not wrong? But we didn't have time to squeeze it in tho ): !

Moved on to Yi Zhong Jie next via cab which cost about $190NT? (YAY SHOPPING AND EATING!)!  It's the most popular shopping district in Taichung for young people and it was quite crowded when we were there! (: But we didn't take much photos cause I was too busy shopping hehe.





Shopped around till about 10pm and we moved back to Fengjia to continue our shopping and eating spree! Fengjia Night Market is only a 5-8min walk away from where we were staying and it was awesome because we could shop till 1am plus and just walk back! :D THE CROWD AT FENGJIA IS MADNESS ON WEEKENDS. The cab driver couldn't even turn into the street to let us down hahaha. 





Settled down at this small eatery for some Mee Sua and Lu Rou Fan (: it was not bad, but better ones were at Taipei! :9 After shopping till about 1am, we headed back with cup noodles and Taiwan's Fruit beer which is sooooo good! I love it because it's not too strong on the alcohol taste and has different fruit flavours to it :D A must-try! and its only like $35NT! (:




Loots for the day as shown above! (: the heels were all only for $190NT. Super worth it :D ! I'm gonna be selling the floral shorts I got though, because it turned out to be too tiny for me ): It's the exact same pair that was selling on The Closet Lover and other online stores. 

And then I realized the crazy amounts I've been paying for non-manufactured Blogshop clothing ): when they are actually rather affordable at Taiwan. Perhaps I'll stick to purchasing only manufactured labels from now on! (: 

Okay, I'm done rambling on! I hope this post helps people who are going to Taichung ((: !

No comments:

Post a Comment