Instagram

Sunday 10 April 2016

Respite in painting: Artify studio!

Spent my Saturday night over at Artify Studio, where Tzu and I attended an art jamming session termed Canvas Collective! 

I'm basically a person with zero painting experience or what not, I think the last time I painted a picture was probably back in secondary school - same for Tzu?! But I thought it was pretty interesting and I convinced Tzu to go for it with me hahaha. 




All materials are provided for - aprons, paint, the canvases, brushes, even sample pictures/photos for inspiration of what you'll like to draw (: Snacks and drinks are also provided if you get hungry!

This session was pretty interesting as well - everyone who came had a specific colour given and you had to "earn" your colours for the painting! We were told to prep 2 truths and 1 lie and everyone had to guess which was the lie, if you guessed correctly, you'll be able to earn the person's colour for your painting.

As you can see, I only had 4 colours on my palette and so did Tzu haha. 

Picasso Tzu in progress as seen below hahaha. I seriously think he is secretly artistically inclined, he didn't need much guidance at all!


TADA! Here's his green coloured rabbit (some of our friends thought it was an antelope when they saw the photo of it?? Hahaha):


And... my painting of Totoro heh!


Happy us! (:

Basically, for most of their art jamming sessions - it works on a pay-what-you-want basis, and a portion of the proceeds actually goes to charity (: I really really enjoyed myself and I thought the cause for this project is pretty amazing and I absolutely love the idea of it. Do sign up for their next available Canvas Collective session happening on 23rd April (here!) if you're interested (: 

Or else, there are also other projects that they are running as well that you can participate in with your friends or other half for a fun date night out - you can check them out on their webpage over here! (:

Love, Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment